Truly remarkable athletes race for a greater purpose than themselves – thank you for choosing to be an ambassador of the Smile Foundation. By partnering with the Smile Foundation, you partner with surgeons, nursing staff and hospital administration and become part of a life changing journey to assist children to smile. Our joint efforts will positively affect children’s lives and enable disadvantaged children to face the world with a positive selfimage.
All funds raised go directly to the Smile Foundation to assist children in need of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
The objective of being a Smile Ambassador is two-fold:
- Brand awareness
How do I join the team? (Terms & Conditions):
- Register to join the team here https://goo.gl/forms/fXuoHwnptR4iUisf2
- Email a photo of yourself to email@example.com for your Back-A-Buddy profile – https://www.backabuddy.co.za/champion/groups/smile-foundation-iron-man-team-2018
- You are required to secure and pay for your entry into any/all Ironman events.
- Athletes are required to raise a minimum of R4500 via their personal Back-A-Buddy profile. Once this has been achieved, R2800 of your entry fee will be reimbursed to you. If you raise R25 000, your full entry fee will be reimbursed.
- Corporate sponsors are welcome and will receive branding opportunity on the cycling shirt and triathlon top.
- If you are entering more than one Ironman event for the Smile Foundation, you will only receive 1x Smile Foundation Running shirt + Cycling shirt + Cycling shorts + Triathlon top
- Stay up to date, like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smile-FoundationIronman-Team/215567195311262?fref=ts&ref=br_tf
- Receive support from Blu Smooth (training camps and discounts on additional items i.e. wetsuits). Limited to Port Elizabeth based athletes and events only.
- Enjoy race day support on the side of the road. Limited to East London & Port Elizabeth events only.
Who is the Smile Foundation?
Smile Foundation is a South African non-governmental organisation with a holistic health care vision for children with facial conditions. Smile Foundation together with the country’s Academic Hospitals work together to put the smile back onto children’s faces with FREE corrective reconstructive surgery and treatments. We help children in need of surgery for treatable facial anomalies such as cleft lip, cleft palate, nose and ear conditions, facial paralysis (Moebius Syndrome), burns and other facial conditions.
Donating to the Smile Foundation charity in South Africa will prove to be truly rewarding and even more so for the children and families that you will positively impact with your generous donations. Every little life you affect is a smile won and worn on the face of a beautiful child with a future filled with many more. At Smile Foundation we believe in the future of our children – charity is just one of the many avenues we use to make the joy visible through the smiles of our nation’s children.
Meet the team