Be a HERO, do Ironman, join our team and make a difference
Smile Foundation 2016 Ironman Team target = R1 MILLION
Entries are now officially open to join SMILE FOUNDATION TEAM for Ironman 2016.
Most importantly, you will raise money for children in need in the Eastern Cape and you will have an opportunity to see how your money is spent during the annual Smile Week.
NOW THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!
How do I join the team (Terms & Conditions):
- Register to join the team here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QzWG4pPziIojQadq5GlH90hIrzK5W44ky-QttCtZ7hY/viewform?c=0&w=1
- Email a photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org for your Givengain.com profile
- You are required to secure and pay for your own entry into Ironman 2016.
- Athletes are required to raise a minimum of R4000 via their personal Givengain.com profile (which will be set up for you).
- Once you have raised R4000, R2800 of your entry fee will be reimbursed to you
- Should you raise R50 000, your full entry fee will be reimbursed.
- Corporate sponsors are welcome and will receive branding opportunity on the triathlon shirt for race day.
- If you are entering Full Ironman and Ironman 70.3 you will only receive 1 of each of the following Smile Foundation branded items.
- If you are only entering Ironman 70.3, your entry fee will not be subsidised.
- Stay up to date, like our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smile-Foundation-Ironman-Team/215567195311262?fref=ts&ref=br_tf
You will receive the following Smile Foundation branded kit
- Running shirt
- Cycling shirt & shorts
- Triathlon top
Space has been made available on the cycling shirt and triathlon top for corporate sponsors to place their branding on the Smile Foundation kit.
You will also receive amazing support from Blu Smooth (training camps and discounts on additional items i.e. wetsuits) and incredible support from Smile Foundation support team on race day.
Who is Smile Foundation?
Smile Foundation is a South African non-governmental organisation with a holistic health care vision for children with facial conditions. Smile Foundation together with the country’s Academic Hospitals work together to put the smile back onto children’s faces with corrective reconstructive surgery and treatments.
We help children in need of surgery for treatable facial anomalies such as cleft lip, cleft palate, nose and ear conditions, facial paralysis (Moebius Syndrome), burns and other facial conditions.
Even though we’re a charity for children, we understand that parents want nothing more than to help their children in need and cannot do so due to financial restrictions. We aim to positively increase the quality of life for South Africa’s disadvantaged families by encouraging, informing and educating the parents throughout the process.
We are currently based in seven of the best Academic Hospitals in South Africa. We continually support our teams of qualified, compassionate medical staff by investing in further skills development programmes, as well as the purchasing of much needed medical equipment for the departments specialising in plastic and reconstructive surgery within these hospitals.
Our chief patron, the late Nelson Mandela had passionately supported Smile Foundation and his wish was that we reach as many children in need as possible. The late Madiba was proudly associated with our charity as he believed that the future of our nation is in the hands of our children.
Donating to the Smile Foundation charity in South Africa will prove to be truly rewarding and even more so for the children and families that you will positively impact with your generous donations. Every little life you affect is a smile won and worn on the face of a beautiful child with a future filled with many more.
At Smile Foundation we believe in the future of our children – charity is just one of the many avenues we use to make the joy visible through the smiles of our nation’s children.
Watch the following video clips to see how children and families who have benefited from the Smile Foundation in the Eastern Cape:
Contact Tanya Jackson for more info
Cell: 082 320 3938